Friday, January 31, 2014

Coupon queen!

Ok, so I'm always seeing the boards at the entrance of publix and walmart saying "compare and save!"... and I finally tried it! This past week when I was at the local recycling facility, I looked and saw that someone had tossed out the redplum and supersavers from recent papers. So of course, I stole them. I finally had two identical coupons to use at each store on items that were not on sale!

At my local publix, I bought:

7-up 10 = $1.89 - .75 coupon
Dole fruit=$3.49 - $1.00
x2 pickle=$1.39 - .50 x2 multiplied by store
Mustard= $1.95 - .50 x2 multiplied by store
Alexia    =$3.79 - $1.00
= $9.15

At walmart I bought:
Dr10 (the only flavor they had, but they honored the coupon anyway!)
= $1.00 - .75 coupon
Dole fruit = $2.18 - $1.00
x2 pickle=$1.86 - .50
Mustard= $1.48 - .50
Alexia    =$2.98 - $1.00
= $7.61

Neither store had these items on sale. All the alexia potato flavors were the same price at each store, so I switched up the flavors so we wouldn't get bored. The mustard is the same size, as is the fruit. The pickles are differing sizes, but I got the cheapest ones at both stores.

So it looks like you save money at Walmart! BUT - time is money, friends! I spent a paltry 20 minutes in publix and an hour and 22 minutes in Walmart. I didn't use a motorized buggy, so no one could say it was because one cart was faster at one store. Time is money, and if you're chronically ill, it's also spoons. I have a friend at the walmart, named KC, and she helped me to my car, but most people don't get help at walmart. Publix, you get that service every time. So although you save cash at Wally World, you can navigate and find exactly what you want at the smaller store faster, this saving energy.

What do you think? Have you ever taken the challenge to compare and save?

No comments:

Post a Comment