Saturday, January 4, 2014

So sick of professional idiots.

My insurance, doctor and pharmacist are set out to kill me if they can.

They decided to give me a generic instead of my normal prescription, and refused to give me the real drug without an order from my doctor. He wrote the general order form for it because there was no generic on the market, which resulted in me getting a generic by surprise last night when I went to get my refill.

The pharmacist argued with me that she was trying to save me money, and basically bullied me verbally, like I was stupid for trying to demand my brand name pill which costs almost $40 a month versus $4. It's a complete waste of breath arguing with her, because she's able bodied and doesn't care or understand what it's like. I've battled so long to get a drug that works, only to have this happen. You see, I ALWAYS get sick off generics. Currently I have some kind of congestion pounding away at my face like a thousand mini jackhammers, and so I said "screw it! Give me the damned things. I just want to go home!"

Well, I took it this morning and what do you know? I barfed up my innards like no tomorrow. Twice.

I called the pharmacy to see what fillers and inactive ingredients are in it because I can't have gluten or dairy, and she didn't effing call me back! So now I get to spend my whole weekend trying to keep down a pill I need to function as a human being. Basically my only off days are ruined and she doesn't know or care. I have to wait until Monday, try to get ahold of her and the doctor too. I want to slap the pharmacist for arguing with me. I don't care that she went to college and thinks she knows what the frak she's talking about. I want to slap her for her disbelief ruining my only off days in the past two weeks on a weekend no less!

Not to freak anyone out, but it's possible to have a seizure if you just up and stop taking this pill.


I don't have the energy for this bullshit.

It's like when my insurance tried to strong arm me into having my pills delivered. They sent letters, cards and constant phone calls, even after I verbally rejected them. "It will save you time and money, as well as stress. No more keeping track of when your refill is due! Straight to your door! Cheap!!"

It's not cheap if I have the generics delivered and have no way to correct it. It's not cheap to have to take off work to make it to the post office in time because they WON'T deliver it to my door, as I live in a small flat and our mailbox is the size of a flea wearing spanx, so I have to go pick it up at the post office in town when they're open. Oh, and unlike the pharmacy, the post office is in a historic building with marble steps which are impossible to climb, and no motorized cart to sit in and wheel over to the pick up window.

It's like when phlebotomist say "you need to be a big girl. I got this with a regular needle. I know what I'm doing!" In response to "my veins are tiny, they roll and collapse easily. Please use a butterfly needle."

I'm just tired of professionals thinking they know better than me and that they can argue me into submission, when I'm the one stuck with this body 24/7 365 days of the year! I believe I know more about my body than you, buckaroo!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment