Friday, January 17, 2014

Cold hard cash...



Y'all, it's COLD outside!

Raising Charlie is so weird. It's like we're raising each other. This morning was the first time he retrieved his leash for me! It's NOT A SOCK, y'all! It's NOT A HANKY! His Leash! I was so excited I think I startled him a little bit. I was all "YES! CHARLIE!!! YES! GOOD BOY! WOW! YESS!!!!"

Yesterday a dear friend gave my mom $20 to go towards Charlie's needs. Thank you so much, H_____!! You are amazing! You totally didn't have to do that, but we both appreciate it! ...Apparently little Mr. Charlie Majors decided to nibble on his current leash and it has a bit chunk missing from it, so we're going to go buy him a more durable one today! Thank you for getting him a leash! :)

On a loosly related note, someone asked me if I had a wishlist of things Charlie needs or will need. The answer is yes, but I'm hesitant to put it out there, because Charlie is my responsibility, and to put a wishlist out there is in my mind saying "I need your help because I can't actually take care of him!", when I can. It's probably screwed up thinking, but hey - what do you expect? My meds are off and I'm crazy! lol!
In all seriousness, I do appreciate my village of family and friends wanting to help. I couldn't do it without your love and prayers and support. I just don't want anyone to feel obligated to help in a monetary fashion.


Since this whole post is basically about money, I'll tell you what happened today. This week my paycheck was screwed up, and a bunch of my earnings weren't on the check. We have what we need for our basics and bills, but it's so frustrating when you're counting on things to be a certain way and they turn out differently. I contacted HR at work, and as it turns out, the person the paperwork was sent to for pay no longer works here, and so my pay was not altered to accomodate all that has recently happened. They're going to have to cut a new check with the missing funds on it, and fed ex it to me. Yay! Problem solved.


Now so VERY loosly related:
Have you ever cleaned or gone to the bathroom in a well to do person's home?

I ask this because I used to clean homes before I got the job I have now, and because when I have been a guest in wealthier homes than mine, I noticed a trend. They all have fabulous loos, with paper hand towels for the guests that are similar to party napkins, but tri-fold, and they have awesome soap...but really cheap toilet paper. I guess my priorities really are a bit skewed to the side, because I spend my cash on good food and fluffy toilet paper, and use gold dial soap unless someone gifts me nicer soap. Life's too short, and I think that saying "let medicine be thy food, and food by thy medicine" has merit, so I buy organic and eat really well, and let's be honest with ourselves - comfy tushie = happy lady. I like the gold dial hand soap because it reminds me of my Grandma and Granddaddy's house.

Okay, well, my lunch break's over and I need to get back in the swing of things. It's my favorite day of the month - pay/friday! ;) Thanks for being patient with my ramblings, and H_____, THANK YOU again for the new leash for Charlie Majors! He's gonna look even more adorable! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment