Sunday, January 19, 2014

Silly puppy update



Charlie got his weekly bath! He's so funny when he's naked and damp! He runs around like a loon and is so darned perky! Mom went to petsmart and found this Brett Michaels doll for three bucks! He loves it. In the first picture you can see how tall he is. :)

I was really worried two weeks ago he started losing weight, and I spoke to the fine folks at our local pet food store (not petsmart - it's a family owned store that sells grain free food and American raw hides, bones and the like.) and they recommended giving him food more frequently, and giving wet food. Then they said "you may want to pay attention to his poop and make sure you don't see anything." Sure enough, poor baby had worms. We got medication from the vet and - badda bing badda boom - he's back to his old self again! He regained his weight and is feeling fine. This morning when I dropped him off at my parents house he was so sad and he refused to give me a kiss. I had to go get my eyes examined though, so he couldn't come. It's a good thing he loves them so much, because when I picked him up he was totally happy and ready to play or go home and eat. :) I knew he'd be okay, because I always feel better after being with them.

Did you know he's ten months old now???? Time is flying! :) you can really tell a difference in his fur now that he is on really good food. The spot where his cyst was removed has fur again, and as you can see in the close ups, his scars are less visible. His ears are so soft.

Silly dog drools like the dog in that TomHanks movie "turner and hooch" every time he hears kibble hit his bowl, or if he drinks water. I read in a library book that Great Danes do that. I really do think he's part Dane. He's so gentle, and he has that look of images I've googled of Great Dane pit bull mixes. He's very sturdy. We haven't done brace training or him bearing any weight yet, because the vet said he won't be finished growing for another year and two months at least. I really want to make sure we don't rush his training or go past his limits.

Soon I will be planning a birthday! ...not just mine, but Charlie's as well. Our birthdays are really close together!

Ok. I've bored you people enough. Today has really worn me physically, so I'm going to stop bragging on my boy and watch netflix. Catch you later! Be gentle wth yourselves and make Bob Ross proud. :)

 







No comments:

Post a Comment