Wednesday, December 17, 2014

About Charlie and Beth


Beth: "My life changed for the better when a humane society staff member said 'If you got a minute, I have a dog I think would be a great dog to visit hospitals and stuff. His name's Charlie. I'll be right back!'"

Charlie: "I was so happy to get out of my cage with my buddy. He seemed so happy that I was happy to follow him. So many dogs around here are pushy and yank on that rope that humans put on us, but I was just happy to follow him. He always has nice things in store for me. Even with I was sick with the crud everyone there was sick with, he loved on me and talked to me. When I didn't feel like eating he would stay with me and pet me until I felt better. We walked out past everyone and into the lobby where a lady with a weird stick was sitting with an older lady who looks and sounds just like her. They smell a little different, and I think the older lady was a little nervous at first to meet me, but the younger lady seemed to cheer up a little when I reached out to smell her. We went into a little room with a cat tree and a coke machine and got to know each other better. I peed on the tree so everyone would know I got into the room, and we sat and talked for a couple of hours. She kept asking me if I wanted to be her dog. I didn't want to go home with my old people anymore, so I kissed her and wagged my tail. She tried to pinch my paw a little, and pull on my mouth to see my teeth. I have pretty teeth, and she didn't hurt me so I just waited to see what she would do next. She stood up and banged her weird stick on the floor and dropped it. I looked at her to see if she was crazy, but didn't say anything. There was a really loud banging on the door, so I turned to look, and realized it was my friend checking on me to see if these people were nice to me. I think the ladies were shocked at how quiet I am. Maybe that's a good thing, because I'm not staying in the cage anymore! I'm going to be Charlie Majors - and learn how to help my new human every day!"

Beth: "Charlie and I started our journey together in December of 2013. Through extensive training, he has overcome food aggression, and fear of the car. He has learned basic obedience and also service dog tasks. He has become someone I trust with my life every single day! He helps me from the smallest tasks like picking things off the floor, to helping me do the shopping and laundry."


No comments:

Post a Comment