Monday, May 26, 2014

A pleasant weekend

Husband's birthday is today! We celebrated on Saturday by going to see "Mom's Night Out". We were extras in the film, and you can catch the best glimpses of us (I stick out for sure) in the church scene where the preacher is preaching and the mom is told that her toddler's head is stuck in a toilet seat.

After the movie, we went to the local tattoo shop (the one my friends and I poked fun at because it sticks out like a very sore thumb) and I finally got the nerve to get my cartilage pierced! I'm really pleased with it. It looks exactly like I imagined. I hadn't eaten a thing since noon, and it was 7pm. The car was over 90 degrees and I ended up passing out inside the building. The poor owner thought he was the reason I passed out - but it's really whatever weirdness is going on with my health.

Yesterday we ate lunch with my sister in law, C. I loaded Charlie up into my other sister in law, M's car, and off we went!

We ate at a nice sushi place and Charlie did a WONDERFUL job! Exactly what I expect of him and his training. When we got there, you could see the server wasn't happy that I brought him in. She was very warm to everyone at the table, but cold and direct with me. Throughout the meal, staff came and went - including a bus boy to clean the table directly behind us. Charlie looked at all the action, but obeyed my hand signals and quiet admonishments of "Focus mommy." (to remind him to put all focus on me). He didn't beg for the food, or whine. When I told him to "go night night", he laid his head down and closed his eyes. He was too excited to really sleep, but he pretended for sure. I could see him glance up at me, and then return to closed eyes. I was so proud of him! It was our first trip into a real restaurant, and he did awesome! The server warmed up to us throughout the meal, and at the end said "He is very well behaved. Have you had him long?"
I call that success. We won over another doubter!
I think Charlie and I are a great team. I even left my cane at home! I know he can't bear weight, but husband was with us, and I knew if I fell out Charlie would do his job.

So all in all and exciting weekend! I did pass out again after we came home. I'm so sick of it. I feel drained after it. But - today's Monday, and I'm at work. I'm up an functioning, and Charlie is enjoying his new toy he earned yesterday at Mom and Dad's house.
Can you believe he weighs 100 lbs even?!

No comments:

Post a Comment