Thursday, March 20, 2014

Feeling like myself again.

First, a huge thank you shout out to Mr. Swanson for sending Charlie a specially selected homemade version of a barkbox!!!


Charlie still hasn't finished the rawhide stick! That's a first!!! Usually rawhide treats last up to two hours only!!


Thank you!! 



--------------------------------------------

I had a visit from my dear friend JM yesterday, and was able to go to knit group today! I'm feeling much more like what I think of as how I should feel.

 Every day I've gotten up at whatever time my body decides. Some days it's before 7am, and others it's around 11, but then I get up gently, and go feed all the critters...Zeus outside, mischief and mayhem and then Charlie inside. I wash my face, and sit on the side of the tub to comb my hair, and then I walk with Charlie back to the bedroom to put on day clothes and make the bed. Charlie brings me everything I ask for (some days with only one request, and other days it takes quite a bit of coddling). By this time, the inside cats are done eating and eager to "help me make the bed" aka run like wild beasts under the sheets chasing out wrinkles and playfully grabbing the blanket as it settles down.

Then it's my turn to actually eat. I've been washing face, combing hair, and EATING every day of my leave (except those first two days. I slept). I'm very proud of this. Most days while working I've been washing my face, throwing on clothes and dealing with my hair in stop and go nightmare morning traffic. NOT girly or professional at all! And then I just sleep all weekend, leaving all the chores undone. No dishes or clothes washed, no bed made, nothing done.


 ...So I take my first three daily pills with Breakfast.

Then I sit until I feel better, but it's not so bad because I have Charlie who is willing to play gently or bring me the remote or iPad, and I have mayhem to use as a heating pad, and mischief to look at (she really is pretty....and a touch me not to boot! )

When I feel better, it's usually time to take Charlie out and feed him his elevensies (he eats like a hobbit! 4 or more times a day...a cup at a time) and maybe get his help loading the dryer, or taking him outside so we can both try to get vitamin d exposure (the lab results came I and I'm very very low on vitamin d. 1000 iui wasn't registering in the recent blood work, and I've been on it quite awhile.)

Then I am tired again, and give myself permission to be tired and lazy, because I have paperwork saying I have to be restful or I will not be allowed back at work, so I chill out and watch Charlie gnaw a bone, or we watch a nature documentary with lions or dogs. My stomach rumbles, and yay! It's a whole ten steps to the kitchen instead of a long walk, elevator ride, long walk and scarf it down because you have 20 minutes plus more walking to make sure you're at your desk on time.
I take as much time as I need for my throat to accept the food, and I'm not left feeling bruised and exhausted, because I took the time to eat each bite so I don't pop my jaw, like I do I while hurrying. It's time for the next round of meds, and I fight it just a bit, because I don't want to sleep while I'm alone with Charlie,because he's a baby and needs full attention.

After that, I might wipe the big counter and load my few dishes, and then rest and knit, or practice commands with Charlie, but at 3pm, I know to expect husband home, and when he does come home, Charlie bursts to full life and activity, rough housing with him and I know I can nap if I need to. 

That's just half a day. 
I love my career, and feel like I am helping to save lives. I'm looking forward to going back. I will be honest that I feel much more rested here at home, and it's refreshing to take this sabbatical. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment