Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Our friend "H"


Our friend, "H" came by today and brought Charlie a rawhide treat! It's his first rawhide ever - and I think he's in love. I wish I could have been there to visit with H and see Charlie's reaction first hand, but I'm sure he'll hand me a slobbery mess of rawhide when I do get there. LOL!

Look at his coat! It's so shiny and healthy! I was petting his ears this morning when I dropped him off with Granddaddy Dadid, and I didn't want to go. I had errands to run before work, but I just felt like staying curled up in a ball with my boy. So far two guests have RSVP'd to his party! I went and got the plates, napkins and forks. :) I've been reading different recipes for cake, and I've decided I want to have real cake for the people at the party, and I'm going to make a dog food cake for the pups. :)

My medicines are working again! Yay! I feel better after I take them. The pain management dosages keep it all at a numbed down version of the pain. If I had a few days I'd hibernate from relief!

...My friend Hawk sent me a starbucks card this week, so Charlie and I got a coffee and puppichino on Sunday. It was so nice to sit outside with Charlie at my feet, a warm coffee in my hand and a gentle breeze blowing. The staff at my local Starbucks knows Charlie now, and are always supportive. Since he's still in training and a bit rambunctious, the only store he's stepped inside has been pet stores. We just go through the drive through, and then pick a spot outside to sit together.

At work today we found out by accident that our Big Boss has decided to tear down our cubicles and put us all in a row like a telemarketing call center. They're going to cover the windows and have us side by side. I'm losing half the cube space I have now. I hate that. My cube is the one place that is orderly and perfect. I can find you a file in under 30 seconds if you ask me for it. I decorate it once a month after I get off work, so it's always fresh and interesting to look at. I believe in the mission of my job, and I'm so passionate about it - but I'm discouraged. I spend all my energy at work, and have no social life, and then it feels like all these changes at work are just picking away at my spirit. If I have to take down my personal stuff it will be the last straw.

....I spoke with the Geneticist again, and he apologized. I'm glad I called because he forgot that he was supposed to be fighting with my insurance provider so I could find out what my final diagnosis is! This morning after doing some of my errands I stopped by the eye clinic and it turns out the reason my new glasses have been giving me so much trouble is because the frames aren't fitted correctly. So the uber cool frames have to go, and now I sit and wait again. I don't really care for the new frames - they're tortiseshell - but if they finally fit and I can see without a fishbowl effect, I'll be satisfied! The good news is that the eye doctor said my retinas look firmly attached, so I'm taking that as hope that it might not be Sticklers Syndrome after all.

Well, my darlings, my coffee break's over and I must go forth and stand on my head. ;) Take care until we gossip again!

1 comment: