Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Trying to be able bodied...

Man, I feel like a dope.

I came to my parents' house, and lost my keys in the hurry of getting me and Charlie all together. I decided while they visited with their friend _______ that I would tell Charlie to sit! stay! And just go find my keys..... 



He obeyed and if I had been less independent I wouldn't have fallen and given myself a gorgeous plum and blueberry bruise on my kneecap. Charlie said "aw, mom! I told you so!" And gave me kisses.

Mom gave me arnica and peas in a towel, and Charlie got a bone from petsmart.

Word to the independent minded newly minted gimp who wants to still be independent and able bodied.......ask for help or use the help you have and don't be stubborn and stupid like me. The pain is NOT worth the illusion of independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment