Monday, December 23, 2013

Extra love all around!

No lie... Adding a new family member is joyful and also stressful.


I know it's dark, but if you try really hard you can see my cat Mayhem curled up like a heating pad on my hip bone. Poor baby has been spending a lot of this past week hiding behind the couch. She's a total lap cat, and my lap is her only true hang out. Ever since we've brought Charlie in, she and her sister, Mischief, have been a little put out. Charlie is only 9 months old, and the girls are 8 years old, so the age gap equals an energy gap. Charlie wants to play and they want to sleep on me.

(That's Mayhem.)

This week has been amazing, but also very tiring for everyone. It's the holiday season, so all routines are scrambled about, and then Charlie is new and learning every moment it seems, and he doesn't have a consistent schedule yet because we don't have one. I'm very much looking forward to Christmas, so I can take him to the park and get his energy out by letting him play with other dogs.

One of the things I battle is constant pain and fatigue. I feel like I've been put through an old style hand cranked clothes wringer.

God's blessings abound even admid ruffled feathers and exhaustion. I am so happy to have my husband, cats and puppy to come home to. I know we're going to change dramatically in a year's time, and I'm already antsy to see how. :) 

Okay, enough rambling. I've got a doctor visit in the morning, Charlie gets his stitches out tomorrow, and right now I have a purring fluffy buddy willing to warm my aching hands. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment