Monday, December 23, 2013

It's been five days!


Charlie is beginning to fit in so well with our family!

Our cats haven't quite accepted him yet, but they tolerate him enough to do family nap time.

He's a normal puppy when his harness and bandana are off. It took quite a few minutes to get his attention for this picture. ;) I'm surprised how quickly play is transforming into real help. We were playing this morning and he gently play nipped (a normal healthy person would not come close to bruising), and I cried, and ended up having a pretty major panic attack. Charlie licked my wrists and leaned his weight into to my shoulder like a human hug, and placed his chin on my back. It was so comforting that it stopped my mental storm pretty darned fast! I've never recovered from a panic attack so quickly.


Every night I drag his bed down our hallway and put it at the foot of our bed. I told him to get "baby" and heel. He ran over, grabbed it and did a little jump into line at my left side. I was struggling to bring the bed and I dropped my cotton handkerchief. (I try very hard to not use unnecessary paper products). I have been doing a small load of laundry every night, and trying to get Charlie to pick up things and put them in a basket and he showed no interest, when all of a sudden tonight, I drop the hanky and Charlie stops, drops his toy, picks up the hanky and nudges my hand! "Drop it, Charlie!" And he puts it in my hand, picks up his doll and wags his tail like "see? I'm smart." I told him excitedly and in a high pitched voice "good boy, Charlie! Thank you so much! Good boy! Let's go night night!" And continued. He practically pranced in heel all the way into the bedroom. 

He is such a sensitive boy. God sure knew who I would need and vice versa!  A little reassurance and praise goes a long way with us both. We feed off each other's smiles and happiness. :) 

We have a long way to go, but I'm so encouraged already!





No comments:

Post a Comment