Sunday, June 15, 2014

Ravelry - nerd wars - team Impala

I know to is won't make a lick of sense to my regular blog visitors, but I am a yarn artist. ;) I crochet, knit and spin yarn on my drop spindle. I'm a member of www.ravelry.com, participating in Nerd Wars (a 3 month challenge where you craft items in response to challenges, and receive points for your team) on team Impala (we're fans of the tv show "Supernatural").

Our team captain asked us to take a picture of ourselves with pie, to honor one of the main characters, Dean Winchester. I decided to make him an apple pie that is vegan! I made stars in honor of the 5 pointed star that is the first A in the word supernatural on their opening logo, and Apple pie in honor of the episode from season 3, "a very supernatural Christmas" in which Dean is being held hostage and he says:

"I HOPE YOUR APPLE PIE IS FREAKIN WORTH IT!!!"

I hope it is too. :)

Yes, that is Dean in that episode playing behind me and the pie on tv.

And the photo for the team unity challenge must display our current project too, so here we go:






5 comments:

  1. The pie looks so pretty! I'm sure it was good to. Can't wait to see your finished project/challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I was really happy with how the pie turned out. The shawl of doom is still under construction. I swear, I should have read through the pattern before beginning. The majority of it is single crochet and chain stitches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am watching Scarecrow right now. I'm glad to hear your freakin' apple pie was worth it!!

    ReplyDelete