Monday, June 2, 2014

Just another manic Monday.


Charlie was so tired yesterday from playing that he fell asleep while snorgling the ball. ;)

Today's just another typical Monday. I get to go in to work at 10 on Mondays, which is immensely helpful! Usually I have to be at work at 8. It helps because I use my weekends to recover from my week at work, and I can ease back into the game of pretending to be a normal working adult.

This morning, as an example, Charlie and I woke up at 6, and stayed in bed over an hour. I have to ease my body back into alignment most mornings, making sure that all my bones are where they should be. If I stand up without checking my legs, I could stand on a dislocated hip and that hurts like the dickens! So taking it at a snail's pace feels like a luxury.

Then Charlie took my clothes to the bathroom for me, and I poured him some kibble. While he ate, I sat by the tub and rested while my bath filled up. Charlie took my dirty clothes to the washer for me, and then I gave him a bone to chew while I got in the water. I feel comfortable with him helping even if husband isn't home, because of the ER trip. I know if I get that way in the tub, he will help me.

After "helping me" (read; kissing my feet) rest while the tub drained and I drip dried, Charlie got my brush off the counter like I asked him to. This is a totally new thing for him. Usually he gets things I drop off the floor, and the concept of getting something off an object over his head is bewildering at best. After dressing, I had to feed the cats, and then take Charlie out while Zeus ate. (A mangy stray will beat him up for his kibble if no one watches out for him.) Than we ditched my cane and took two trips down the hill to take the trash out. (I use grocery bags because they weigh less and I can do it myself instead of waiting on husband. I am very twitchy about garbage sitting around.)

After the outside tasks, it's inside again to sit in the sofa chair while I wash up and make myself a breakfast. Soon we will be out the door and separated so we both can work hard for our living.


It's just another manic Monday.

1 comment:

  1. So glad your workday starts later on Mondays! That's a nice start to the week. I never tire of looking at Charlie pics.

    ReplyDelete