Thursday, June 19, 2014

I’m oh so tired

::deep sigh:: I just got off the phone with my primary care doctor’s office and MetLife short term disability. Yes, friends, I am still battling to be covered for March 2014. I still owe my employer 65+ hours of PTO that MetLife was supposed to cover. Now the little snots are saying because the doctor’s office didn’t put my claim number at the top and bottom of every page, they did not properly receive it via fax.

I’m not even close to kidding.

It makes me want to tear my own hair out in frustration! (I won’t do that, because…ouch!...and my hair in thin enough, thank you very much.)

Today is a very high pain day. I almost want to just take a nap here at work. I keep telling myself “It’s just a few more hours…” like that tune from “My Fair Lady”. I’m almost through with a sock, but then I have to put the heels in them. It seems like with as many stitches as I’ve put in, they should be leggings for a giraffe by now! I don’t know why these seem to take so long. I guess I’m just bored with the simplicity of the pattern. Maybe it’s because I’m making them for myself. Who knows.

Charlie is doing well – at least he was when I dropped him off this morning. He was supposed to go to knit group with my mom and practice in his harness. I wish I could bring him with me today. I’d get even less done though, I’m sure. I’d just be petting his ears (if you haven’t done that yet, they’re super soft!) and teasing his whiskers to make him play with me.

Hang in there, friends. It’s almost Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment