Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Charlie Majors and the valley of the (repaired) dolls...

Off and on all day I attacked Charlie's broken toys. He's actually not that hard on toys, but some are apparently constructed in a hurry, so I sometimes find a seam busts. When that happens, I take it from him and toss it into a small plastic trashcan in his supplies closet. Today I had nothing planned to do, but I took the advice of my best friend and woke up at 8am (technically sleeping in from my previous schedule), took my sweet time getting my activities of daily care done, and the only thing I really did all day was rest, play with Charlie and the kitties, and repair toys. As mentioned in my earlier post today, I didn't even cook.

I've alluded to the truth that I have a hard time with my hands - my fine motor skills in my hands are becoming very crude, so making them "pay attention" and "behave" was a bit tiresome. Still, MUCH lighter work than last Tuesday!!!!

Charlie told me it was worth the effort. ;)

Charlie and all the repaired toys

I guess even dogs don't like getting out of bed just to reach something a few feet away! Lol

Happy puppy!

 Oh, while I was repairing seams, I added in new squeakers. My mom found these great replacement squeaks that last Charlie over a month before he kills them! The regular oval or round shaped squeakers "die" within 15 minutes usually, but these crazy things have really held up! Here's a picture of the label in case you want to shop for them on amazon like we did:




1 comment:

  1. He is so funny! Too much effort to jump down. Got to save energy where you can.

    ReplyDelete