Tuesday, November 18, 2014

A quiet weekend

Blurred into a quiet Monday.

Charlie and I went to the library in town and handled job hunting and the like. 

I really don't like our local library. There's hardly any book turn over, and I couldn't stop myself yesterday from taking a sign they had posted to them. It said: "when going threw our DVDs, we notced these were scratch. They are a dollar. We will not refund you."

O_O

So I wrote on a little note page: "We know these DVDs have been scratched. They're a great deal for only a dollar! No refunds will be issued on them."

They did not understand why my corrections to their grammar were being suggested. The librarian looked at the sign, at my note, back at the sign and said: "I'm assuming I'm showing ignorance here, but the sign doesn't look like it has anything wrong. I'll give your note to the head librarian."

I didn't have any reason to burn gas going 37 miles one way just to go to my favorite library and handle business, so I guess that's what I can expect.

When we got to our computer, a woman jumped up, grabbed her bag and half ran to the circulation desk. I heard her say "please just log me off! I can't stay near that!", which I assume "that" meant Charlie. I don't know why some people are so scared of him when they are strangers to us. I think his face always looks gentle and kind.


So that was our most eventful highlight. For today we plan on doing laundry and snuggling. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment