Sunday, September 7, 2014

On days that punch you in the face

Brush yourself off and say "That was your best? Now watch mine.", and keep marching on however you can.

Just now - In the aftershock of today's slap of Neurocardiogenic Syncope (aka passing out, sweating, losing temporary mental files, crying and Charlie Majors being an A+ service dog in training) my brain finally told me something good, instead of the Major Depressive Disorder barking at me. 

"Breathe in" *body tremors* "Breathe out. Good. Keep repeating that. This is no one's fault. You're going to be okay. You're not crying because of something you lost, you're crying because you're in shock, and you're crying because of what you thought you had. Normal is a lie. You're ok. Pet Charlie. Tell him he's a good dog. Tell him to 'get towel'. Wipe your face. Kiss Charlie. Lay down and tell Charlie to 'get momma's drink'. Good job. See? You're ok. You're ok."

I have to be vocal about what I'm going through, or it will break me apart. I refuse to be broken be things outside of my control.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry you had a bad day! Glad Charlie was there-such comfort!

    ReplyDelete