Saturday, September 27, 2014

I feel a SURGE of energy!

(No, Charlie didn't have any soda!)

If I had this and a bottle of Mountain Dew livewire, I'd be set! ...I'm pretty sure I'd still be asleep right now if Steve hadn't woken me up at noon with breakfast in bed and SURGE! Today has been a very bad pain day.

 Yesterday we had to work on conquering fear with Charlie. Steve was horsing around with an empty paper tube, and scared Charlie really badly. What started out as just being bored and playing with a tube became a 30 minute ordeal of exposing Charlie to loud, random foghorn like sounds from the tube. It was a big deal. He had to sit, lay down, and also expose his belly while focusing on me and receiving praise and petting. He couldn't have his way, and the ordeal was only over after he relaxed and focused on me while what he was scared of was going on.

Fear is something a service dog can't have. If he is afraid of something, and he reacts on his fear by running, barking, biting or shutting down (which are natural dog reactions to fear), he can endanger me, his disabled partner.

Changing topic randomly: Charlie and I have been "bad Catholics". I haven't been to mass in a month! I've been so tired from working that I pretty much sleep any time I'm home, so I end up sleeping until the afternoon, and mass is in the mornings. Charlie and I need more Jesus time. Will you guys please pray that we are able to go back to church? I know we both miss it and need it. Thanks! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment