Monday, October 13, 2014

Jacks, the final update

I went in this evening with pamphlets and spoke with one of the managers, Ms. Gloria. She was very concerned at what happened, and super apologetic.

I took great comfort from our conversation! I feel confident after meeting with her tonight, that all future visits will go smoothly. She said she was gong to meet with the other manager, and they would have a talk with the staff, with the papers I brought in, to educate them about disabled people's rights concerning service animals.

I went in with the hope that things could be fixed, and I'm really relieved at the outcome. I shook hands with her, and ordered dinner! The staff member behind the counter said "I know you! You've come through our drive through with your dog!", and Ms. Gloria handed her a pamphlet and said "she is going to come in with him any time she wants to with him, alright? This is his picture. He's a working dog.", which made me feel like she really heard what I came to talk about with her. After meeting with her, I feel assured that no other service animal teams will have to go through what happened yesterday at that store. Such a relief!

I'm really tired now. I had to get out in the rain, walk around the car with my cane, unload my walker, and navigate a step while holding the umbrella and using the walker. My hip has been really problematic today, and I was really nervous that the outcome would be different. After all the activity from yesterday, I just want to hibernate. It's a good thing I only have 9 more days as a temp. I'm worn.

Time to rest between a snuggly cat and my 4 legged nurse's aide. ;)


Goodnight, dear Spoonies. The rain is no joke through the south right now. Be gentle with yourselves! (The barometric pressure really messes with my pain levels!)

1 comment:

  1. You and Charlie do a great service always! So glad you were a great spokesperson (team) for service animals everywhere.

    ReplyDelete